All plant parts of Black Henbane (Hyoscyamus niger) are highly toxic. Symptoms of poisoning such as respiratory paralysis may occur.
- Popular name(s): Black Henbane, Common Henbane, Stinking Nightshade
- Botanical name: Hyoscyamus niger
- Family: Solanaceae
- Origin: Asia (West Asia, Central Asia, tropical Asia), Europe, North Africa, as a cultivated plant or introduced species, Black Henbane can also be found in other regions.
- Height: 30 to 100 centimeters
- USDA zone: 5 (-9.4 F/-23 °C)
Categories: Brown & Green Flowers | Wildflowers | Yellow & Orange Flowers |